The Buddy Club VSU system of curators
for international students
Buddy Club VSU was created to help international students adapt to a new environment and feel they are a part of the university and Voronezh.
The club is a meeting place for people who are totally different from each other, and yet they all have incredibly interesting personalities. Sometimes it even seems impossible for people from so many countries to get on.
Buddy Club volunteers meet international students and help them deal with all the formal procedures and solve everyday problems. They also organise various international events throughout the term.
Welcome to Voronezh!
Buddy Club’s motto is “One together and all for one”.
Facts and figures
- • 7 years of doing the job;
- • over 100 volunteers;
- • supervising over 300 students from France, Spain, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Estonia, Vietnam, China, Turkey, Germany, Morocco, etc.;
- • on average, annual events have 500 participants;
- • on average, 70 international students participate in the programme each year;
- • 30 events are held every year;
- • 2 grants are given by the Federal Agency for Youth Affairs (Rosmolodezh) (2018, 2019);
- • there are 7 training sessions for volunteers.